Going to the grocery store can be overwhelming, especially for those learning how to cook what is best for you body, family, and daily life. Many people meal prep for the week and the rest of us are stuck buying on the fly. But meet us halfway, there’s an easy way to make your grocery runs more regular and consistent, in fact, we recommend shopping more frequently…
Here are the 10 SuperShe Rules to Grocery Shopping:
- Buy Organics Only. This means no harmful pesticides or chemicals will be making it into your body.
- Buy Local. Local fruits, vegetables, nuts, meats, fish increases the foods chances of being fresh, picked ripe, and more nutritious. You’ll notice a difference in the way the food tastes when you purchase something that came from “down the road”, trust us.
- Buy Seasonal.
- Do not buy anything that has a shelf life than more than a few days.
- Do not buy anything with preservatives, with the exception of citric acid.
- Don’t over shop. Shop frequently and buy fresh. As soon as food has been cut off the root it begins an oxidation process and loses its nutritional value! Why consume something when it has lost all of its vitamins and minerals?
- Don’t shop hungry! This is where you make those impulse buys, sugar and carbohydrates.
- Check labels for hidden sugars. Don’t buy things with added sugar, you want that number on the label to be as close to 0 as possible!
- Check servings per container, many times we’re not mindful of servings per container.
- Check labels for carbohydrates, you also want this number to be as low as possible.