Last Updated: November 7, 2019
As explained in further detail below, when you register for and use SuperShe:
- Your username must be your real name, including your first and last name. This username is visible to all other users of the SuperShe Services. You cannot change this visibility. We do this because transparency, openness, and accountability among our users is important to us.
- Your location will be visible to all other users of SuperShe in a map provided by Google Maps unless your device’s location services are disabled. We do this to offer you an improved user experience for things such as connecting with other SuperShes, personalized content, language preferences, advertising, or search results. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services.
- When you register for SuperShe, you grant SuperShe permission to use Your Content to promote SuperShe. SuperShe will never sell Your Content to a third party.
SuperShe is located in the United States, and the SuperShe Island is located in Finland. Information collected on our website and application is stored in the United States; therefore, your information may become subject to U.S. law. By using the Services, you consent to the transfer of your data overseas and across borders, and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. The laws governing data in your home country may differ from those in the countries to which data is transferred. By accessing and using our website and mobile application, you consent to the transfer of your data in this manner.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Any personal information provided to or collected by SuperShe is controlled by SuperShe. SuperShe’s headquarters are located at 14725 N. 20th St., Unit D37; Bellevue, Washington 98007.
Information You Provide To Us
1.1.1 Information That Is Necessary For The Use Of SuperShe’s Services.
We ask for and collect the following personal information about you when you use SuperShe’s Services, which is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us (e.g., placing an order) and allows us to comply with various legal obligations. Without this information, we may not be able to provide you with all of the requested services.
- Contact Information. You may provide personal data to us in a number of ways, such as when you participate in an offer or promotion, or when you make a purchase on the Website. The types of personal data you provide to us may include:
- Contact information (such as name, postal address, email address, and mobile or other phone number)
- Age or date of birth.
- Username and password
- Payment information (such as your payment card number, expiration date, and card security code, or your gift card details)
- Shipping and billing information (such as delivery address, and billing address)
- Purchase history
- Product preferences
- Account Information. When you sign up for a SuperShe account, via our website or mobile application, we require certain information such as your first and last name, e-mail address, phone number, and password.
- Payment Information. To facilitate processing of payments on our Website, we require you to provide certain financial information (e.g., your credit card number).
- Order Information. When you place an order on our Website, we may request that you provide additional information such as your billing and shipping addresses and phone number.
1.1.2. Information You Choose To Provide To Us.
You may choose to provide us with additional personal information in order to obtain a better user experience when using the SuperShe Services. This additional information will be processed based on your consent or SuperShe’s legitimate interests, as specified below:
- Additional Information You Choose to Provide. You may choose to provide additional information as part of Your Content on SuperShe, such as first and last name, preferred language, personal description, photographs, videos, etc. This information, if you choose to provide it on open portions of the App such as videos and talks, will be visible to other registered users of SuperShe, and potentially to the public if SuperShe chooses to use Your Content to promote SuperShe.
SuperShe processes this information based on your consent and based on our legitimate interest in maintaining User Content and facilitating community interaction among SuperShe members. SuperShe has a legitimate interest in ensuring the ongoing management of its business and in maintaining an acceptable and uninterrupted experience for other users of the Services. Based on this legitimate interest, SuperShe will not accommodate requests for erasure of Your Content unless Your Content violates SuperShe’s Terms and Conditions or applicable laws and regulations.
- Real Names Policy. When registering, you must use your real name as your user name. This means you must use your first and last name. If you go by a name other than your given name, please use the name your friends use when they refer to you. SuperShe has worked very hard to make the Services a safe and friendly place, and our real names policy adds a level of accountability, openness, and transparency to the discussions that take place on the Services, preventing potentially disruptive users from hiding behind an anonymous screen name.
- Communications with SuperShe. When you communicate with SuperShe via the Services (e.g., for customer service inquiries), we collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide.
- Other Information. You may otherwise choose to provide us information when you fill in a form, conduct a search, update or add information to your SuperShe profile, respond to surveys, post to community forums or on product reviews, participate in promotions, create or participate in tutorials, or use other features on the SuperShe Services. This information is processed based on your consent.
Information We Get From Your Use Of Our Services
When you use SuperShe’s Services, we automatically collect information, including personal information, about the services you use and how you use them, such as information about how you use or interact with our website and mobile application, view or interact with our ads and content, and information about your computer or mobile device. This information may include:
- Usage Information. We collect information about your interactions with our website and mobile application such as the pages or content you view, your searches, and other actions on SuperShe’s Services.
- Device Information. We automatically collect device information when you access our website or mobile application, even if you have not created a SuperShe account or logged in. That information includes, among other things: your IP address, operating system version, device type, system and performance information, and browser type.
- Log Data. Like most websites today, our web servers keep log files that record data each time a device accesses those servers. The log files contain data about the nature of each access, including IP addresses, internet service providers, files viewed on our website, operating system versions, device type, and timestamps.
- Local Storage. SuperShe may collect and store information – including personal information – locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage and application data caches.
- Location Information. When you use our Services, we may collect information about your precise or approximate location as determined through data such as your IP address or mobile device’s GPS to offer you an improved user experience for things such as connecting with other SuperShes, personalized content, language preferences, advertising, or search results. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services. Most likely, these controls are located in the device’s settings menu; however, if you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer. SuperShe may also collect this information even when you are not using our app if this connection is enabled through your settings or device permissions. Your location will be visible to all other users of SuperShe in a map provided by Google Maps if your device’s location services are not disabled. For additional information regarding location data and tracking, including how it may be used and how you may be able to opt out of or otherwise avoid tracking by many third-party mobile analytics firms, visit https://smart-places.org/ and https://www.networkadvertising.org/mobile-choices.
Please also note that most opt-out mechanisms are cookie-based, so you must have cookies enabled in your web browser, and they will only affect the specific computer and browser that is used to submit an opt-out request. If you have multiple computers or change computers, or use multiple browsers, you will need to submit opt-out requests for each such computer or browser. Once you opt out, if you delete your browser’s saved cookies, you will need to opt out again. Mobile devices may involve unique advertising choice mechanisms. For more information, please see the Location Information section above.
- Payment Transaction Information. SuperShe, or its third-party agents, collects information related to your payment transactions through our website or mobile application, including the payment instrument used, date and time, payment amount, payment instrument expiration date, and billing post code; PayPal or Amazon Pay e-mail address (if such payment method is used); your address; and other related transaction details. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and SuperShe for provision of payment services.
Information We Collect From Third Parties
SuperShe, or its third-party agents, may collect information, excluding personal information, that others provide about you when they use the Services, or obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through the Services. We do not control how these third parties process your personal data, and any information request regarding the disclosure of your information to us should be directed to such third parties.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data or fraud detection information, from third-party service providers and/or partners, and combine it with information we have about you. For example, we may receive fraud warnings from service providers for fraud prevention and risk assessment efforts. Additionally, we may receive information about you and your activities on and off the Services through partnerships, or about your experiences and interactions from our partner advertising networks.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
SuperShe (or our third-party agents) uses, stores, and processes information, including personal information with your consent, about you to provide, understand, improve, and develop the Services, create and maintain a secure environment, and comply with our various legal obligations.
Provide A Personalized Experience And Improve Our Advertising And Marketing
We use the information we collect to provide a custom user-experience through things such as:
- Sending promotional messages, text messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you, unless you indicate a preference to opt-out of receiving these communications (you can opt out of marketing communications at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in such e-mails);
- Personalizing, measuring, and improving advertising to be more tailored to your interests in products, training programs, content type, etc.; and
- Administering referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by SuperShe or its third-party business partners.
Provide, Improve, And Develop SuperShe’s Services
We use the information we collect to provide, improve, and develop SuperShe’s Services by, for example:
- Enabling you to access and use SuperShe’s Services (e.g., Website and App);
- Operating, protecting, improving, and optimizing SuperShe’s Services and experience, such as by performing analytics and conducting research;
- Contacting you via contact information you have provided to us regarding order information, subscription status, or other SuperShe account related questions or support;
- Enabling you to access and use our payment services (e.g., PayPal, Amazon Pay, etc.) to place orders or sign up for subscriptions;
- Providing customer service via online or telephone communications; and
- Sending you service or support messages.
Create And Maintain A Secure Environment
We use the information we collect to ensure SuperShe’s Services are secure by, for example:
- Detecting and preventing fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activities;
- Conducting investigations and risk assessments;
- Verifying or authenticating information or identifications provided by you;
- Conducting checks against databases and other information sources;
- Complying with our legal obligations;
- Resolving disputes with any of our users and enforcing our agreements with third parties; and
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We work with various third-party partners who help us provide and improve our products and services. We don’t sell any of your information to anyone, and we never will. We also impose strict restrictions on how our partners can use and disclose the data we provide. We have summarized how we share the information we collect below.
With Your Consent
We may share your information at your direction or as described at the time of sharing, such as when you authorize a third-party application or website to access your SuperShe account.
Other SuperShe Services
To facilitate SuperShe App users’ transactions on the SuperShe Website, including but not limited to redemptions and other transactions relating to the Rewards Program, SuperShe will link your App information with its Website. Likewise, to ensure e-commerce activity such as point-earning purchases on the Website are reflected in a user’s SuperShe App, SuperShe may link user information from its Website with the App.
Your Content And Other Public Information
Some of SuperShe’s Services let you publish information, including personal information, that is visible to other SuperShe users. For example:
- You can publish talks, videos, pictures, comments and other Content to the SuperShe App; this and other types of Your Content are visible to other SuperShe users.
- If you submit content in SuperShe, Your Content is visible to other SuperShe users;
- If you submit content in portions of the SuperShe App that are visible to other SuperShe users, SuperShe may use Your Content to promote SuperShe. Therefore, Your Content may be visible to the public in SuperShe’s promotional content.
Interaction Between Members
Some of SuperShe’s Services allow you to communicate with other SuperShe users via private direct message or other means, in which case SuperShe will facilitate such communications with the intended recipient. You should consider who you choose to share information with, because people who can see your activity and/or communications on the Services can choose to share it with others on and off our Services, including people and businesses outside the audience you may have intended. For example, when you send a message to specific members, they can screenshot or re-share that content to others on or off our Services or in-person. Also, when you comment on someone else’s post, react to their content, or post a review on a product, your comments and reactions are visible to anyone who can has access to that portion of the Services.
Compliance With Laws, Responding To Legal Requests, Preventing Harm, And Protection Of SuperShe’s Rights
SuperShe uses a variety of third-party service providers to help us provide the Services. Third-party service providers may be located inside or outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). For example, service providers may help us: (i) conduct fraud prevention and risk assessments; (ii) perform product development, maintenance, and debugging; (iii) provide customer service, advertising, payment, and transactional services; (iv) help us track website analytics, such as conversion and traffic metrics; and (v) verify information against public databases.
SuperShe may need to share your information, including personal information, with third-party service providers in order to ensure the adequate performance of our contract with you (e.g., name and billing address to complete a transaction and ship your order).
Aggregated Data, Analytics, And Advertising Partners
SuperShe may share aggregated information (i.e., information about our users that we combine so that it no longer identifies or references an individual user) and other anonymized information for regulatory compliance, industry and market analysis, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes. We also provide aggregated statistics and insights that help our vendors and partners understand how people are engaging with their content, listings, products, and other content on the Services.
SuperShe also provides advertisers and product vendors with reports about the kinds of people seeing their ads and how their ads are performing on the Services; however, we do not share information that personally identifies you (e.g., information such as your name or e-mail address that by itself can be used to contact you or identifies who you are) unless you give us permission. For example, we provide general demographic and interest information to advertisers and/or product vendors to help them better understand their audience, including their preferences and wants.
As described in the sections above, we use customer personal information for the following general purposes:
- Where in our legitimate business interests: to personalize and continually improve your experience on the App; your shopping experience on the Website; to administer our Rewards Program; to provide support and to respond to your requests and inquiries; to update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us; to improve our Services; to enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical, or other functions on our behalf; and for the day-to-day running and management of the business.
- Where necessary to manage and perform our contract with you: to handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about your orders.
- Where necessary to comply with our legal obligations: for fraud prevention and detection, to monitor trends and signals in the context of adverse event reporting, and to comply with applicable laws, regulations or codes of practice. Where we require your personal data to comply with legal requirements, failure to provide this information means we may not be able to accept you as a customer and/or may be unable to process your purchases.
- With your consent: to contact you to tell you about products and services offered by us as well as other promotions and competitions, which we believe may interest you (including offers on behalf of other businesses) unless you advise us that you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, and for tailored advertising on third party sites either because of the website you are viewing, or based on your interests which we have inferred from your information.
EU Citizens’ Right to Object – Please note that EU citizens have a right to object to processing of your personal information where that processing is carried out for our legitimate interest or for direct marketing purposes.
LEGAL BASIS FOR OUR USE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When processing personal data in the European Union and the European Economic Area, we will use your personal data when we have a lawful basis. Lawful bases may include:
- Occasions when it is necessary to perform a contract to which you are party (e.g., to process your payment and deliver the products you have ordered); or
- Where we have obtained your consent; or
- Where we have a legitimate interest to do so (including a legitimate interest in performing marketing activities, research activities, data analytics, and internal administration functions, processing and enforcing legal claims, and conducting our business in compliance with all applicable laws, relevant industry standards and our policies).
HOW LONG WE KEEP THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
THIRD-PARTY PARTNERS & LINKS
The Services may contain links to third-party websites or services, such as third-party integrations or third-party branded services. SuperShe does not own or control any of these third-party partners and when you interact with them, you may be providing information directly to the third-party providers, SuperShe, or both. These third-party providers will have their own rules about the collection, use, and disclosure of information. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of the other websites you visit.
We are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your information against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, or alteration.
Some of the safeguards we use to protect your information include firewalls and data encryption; compliance certifications (e.g., annual re-certification of compliance with Payment Card Industry’s Data Security Standards); information access control; and thorough security and breach response policies and procedures.
In the event of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of your SuperShe account, please contact us following the instructions in the “Contact Us” section below.
Use of SuperShe’s Services is not intended for and may not be used by children, especially those under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you may not access or use the Services or provide information to us.
SuperShe does not knowingly collect personal information from minors or allow them to register accounts. If it comes to our attention that we have collected personal data from a minor, we may delete this information without notice. If you have reason to believe this has occurred, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or our Customer Service department.
By accessing or using the Services, you represent that you have legal capacity to enter into this Agreement and to fulfill your obligations set out in this Agreement. If you are not of an age old enough to enter into contracts in your jurisdiction (i.e., a minor), you need to review this Agreement with your parent or guardian before using the Services; if your parent or guardian do not agree with the Agreement as applied to you, then you are not authorized to access or use the Services.
SuperShe acknowledges your right to access your personal data. Whenever you use our Services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we must keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (e.g., developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical. For requests not falling in the aforementioned categories, where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free.
We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
You have the right to request information about the personal data we hold on you. If your data is incorrect, incomplete, or irrelevant you can ask to have the information corrected or removed. To access or update your personal information, email email@example.com with your current contact information and the personal information you would like to access. We will provide you the personal information requested if reasonably available, or will describe the types of personal information we typically collect.
Customers Located In California
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our visitors who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For all requests, you must include your full name, street address, city, state, and zip code. We will not accept requests via telephone, postal mail, or facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
California Do Not Track Notice.
Under California law, website and online service operators are required to disclose how they respond to web browser “do not track” signals or other similar mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personal information about a consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party websites. We currently do not change our tracking practices in response to “do-not-track” signals or other similar mechanisms. To learn more about browser tracking signals and “Do Not Track,” please visit http://allaboutdnt.org.
Customers Located In The EEA
Customers located in the EEA may exercise any of the rights described in this section by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before taking further action on your request.
10.1. Managing Your Information
You may access and update some of your information, including personal information, through your SuperShe account settings. You are responsible for keeping your personal information up-to-date.
10.2. Correcting Inaccurate Or Incomplete Information
You have the right to ask us to correct inaccurate or incomplete personal information concerning you (and which you cannot update yourself within your SuperShe account).
10.3. Data Access And Portability
In some jurisdictions, applicable law may entitle you to request copies of your personal information held by us. You may also be entitled to request copies of personal information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly-used, and machine-readable format, and/or request us to transmit this information to another service provider (where technically feasible). To make such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10.4. Data Retention And Erasure
We generally retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us and to comply with our legal obligations. Because we keep the content on SuperShe relevant, fresh, and new, we may delete Your Content at any time without prior notice with you, unless applicable law or agreements require otherwise. This includes your messages and other types of Your Content in private portions of the Services, such as private messages.
If you no longer want us to use your information to provide the Services to you, and subject to SuperShe’s legitimate interest exceptions, you can request that we erase your personal information and close your SuperShe account. To make such a request, please contact us at email@example.com. Please note that if you request the erasure of your personal information:
- We may retain some of your personal information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud detection and prevention and enhancing safety.
- We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations. For example, SuperShe may keep some of your information for tax, legal, and auditing obligations.
- We may retain and use content you have posted on the Services unless Your Content contains personally identifiable information, based on our legitimate interest in ensuring the ongoing management of our business and maintaining an acceptable and uninterrupted experience for other SuperShe users.
- Information you have shared with others (e.g., product reviews, forum postings) and Your Content may continue to be publicly visible on the Services, even after your account is deleted.
- Because we maintain the Services to protect from accidental or malicious loss and destruction, residual copies of your personal information may not be removed from our backup systems for a limited period of time.
10.5. Withdrawing Consent And Restriction Of Processing
Where you have provided your consent to the processing of your personal information by SuperShe, you may withdraw your consent at any time by changing your account settings, cookie settings, or by sending a communication to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying which consent you are withdrawing. Please note that the withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of any processing activities based on such consent before its withdrawal.
Additionally, in some jurisdictions, applicable law may give you the right to limit the ways in which we use your personal information, in particular, where (i) you contest the accuracy of your personal information; (ii) the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of your personal information; (iii) we no longer need your personal information for the purposes of the processing, but you require the information for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims; or (iv) you have objected to the processing pursuant to Section 10.6 and pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of SuperShe override your own.
10.6. Objection To Processing
In some jurisdictions, applicable law may entitle you to require SuperShe not to process your personal information for certain specific purposes (including profiling) where such processing is based on legitimate interest. If you object to such processing, SuperShe will no longer process your personal information for these purposes unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for such processing or such processing is required for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claim(s).
Where your personal information is processed for direct marketing purposes, you may, at any time, ask SuperShe to cease processing your data for these direct marketing purposes by updating your cookie settings or e-mailing email@example.com.
You have the right to lodge complaints about the data processing activities carried out by SuperShe before the competent data protection authorities in your country. Additionally, you may reach out to SuperShe’s Data Protection Officer at:
Attn: Privacy Officer
14725 N. 20th D37
Bellevue WA 98007
To the extent you believe we have not addressed your concerns or otherwise choose to do so, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in the country where you reside and/or the United States. You may contact the US Federal Trade Commission regarding your concerns. For more information, please see https://www.ftc.gov/faq/consumer-protection/submit-consumer-complaint-ftc.
11.1. What is a cookie?
11.2. What cookies do we use?
The Services use both first-party cookies (which are set by the websites and/or mobile app being visited) and third-party cookies (which are set by a server located outside the domain of our websites and/or mobile app).
11.3. Functional or essential cookies
11.4. Experience or preference cookies
These cookies collect information about your choices and preferences (e.g., username and language selection) and are used to enable certain additional functionality on our websites, such as storing your preferences. This functionality improves user experience and allows us to customize your site experience accordingly.
11.5. Social media and advertising cookies
Social media cookies collect information about social media usage and allow you to connect to your social networks to share content from our website or mobile app.
We may also use advertising cookies to market SuperShe products or services to you on third party websites. For example, if you visit our website, you may then see an advertisement for SuperShe products or services on certain third-party websites you visit in the future.
11.6. Analytics cookies
Analytics cookies collect information about your use of the Services, and enable us to improve the Services. For example, analytics cookies show us which are the most frequently visited pages on our website or mobile app, help us record any difficulties you have (e.g., mobile app crashes), and show us whether our advertising is effective or not. This allows us to see the overall patterns of usage on the Services, rather than the usage of a single person. We use the information to analyze traffic on the Services to help create a better user experience. Analytics cookies may be classified as either functional, experience/preference, or social media/advertising cookies.
11.7. How do I manage cookies?
If you’d like to remove or disable cookies via your browser, you certainly can. You’ll want to refer to your browser’s configuration documentation (usually the Help portion of your browser’s toolbar) to do this since the steps for doing so are usually browser-specific.
Flash cookies operate differently than browser cookies, and cookie management tools available in a web browser will not remove flash cookies. To learn more about how to manage flash cookies, you can visit the Adobe website and make changes at the Global Privacy Settings Panel.
Your mobile device may allow you to control cookies through its settings function. Refer to your device manufacturer’s instructions/settings panel for more information.
One important note is that if you limit cookie settings, this might adversely impact your ability to use our Services effectively. Enabling cookies ensures a smoother experience when you use our Services.
Attn: Privacy Officer
14725 N. 20th D37
Bellevue WA 98007
Or you may also e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.